Fighting crime can be a daunting prospect.
Most people would prefer to keep quiet to avoid putting themselves at risk.
However, there are some great ways to confront anti-social behavior and turn your community around without clashing directly with the wrongdoers.
Below are some ideas that may help you to turn your community around:
1) You could organise a Street Party or community event to bring your community together. You will find some useful information and ideas on our website here.
2) Organise a Community Clean Up – get your friends and neighbours together and breath some life into abandoned or neglected spaces. You can find out more information here.
3) Visit the local info section on our site, type in your postcode and find out who your local police officers are and contact them.
In this section, you can also contact your local MP.
You may want to send them a petition to show how much frustration and concern there is in your community.
4) You could find or join your local Neighbourhood Watch group here.
If there isn’t one near you, you may want to start your own scheme. All the information you need to get started can be found on the starting a scheme section on the Neighbourhood Watch site.
5) You may want to setup a project of your own. You can find a guide with details of some things you will need to think about here.